Power Plan Assistant for Windows 7 Free Download
Shareware: You can try this program, but this version has some limited features or time usage restrictions. You should purchase it in order to remove those limits.
The Power Plan Assistant for Windows 7 is a dedicated power management software that can augment the already sturdy developments that Windows 7 has. It features and auto mode that lets you shut the PC off after a time or conduct a soft reboot if the processor starts to hang or if it freezes up.
The software is a quick and easy download and it goes straight to the management file of the control panel. You can also use the Power Plan Assistant for Windows 7 to save power plans as permanent means of restoring your computer.
The software can help to save energy when your PC is in use, by switching off the hard drives and monitor as well as de-clocking the CPU when only mild computing tasks are being done. The Power Plan Assistant for Windows 7 is also open source having several changes possible.
Power Plan Assistant for Windows 7 is a multiple award-winning software, created to redefine the Windows 7 laptop experience.
Power Plan Assistant has been designed to work with any Windows 7-compatible hardware (32-bit and 64-bit).
In addition, it can install the truly unique features, specific for Boot Camp-enabled Apple Macbook Pro / Air notebooks running Windows 7: Power Plan Assistant brings the keyboard backlight management to a new level on these Macs, allowing the user to disable keyboard backlight completely or just disable / enable automatic keyboard backlight level adjustment. These features were previously available on Mac OS X only. Power Plan Assistant brings them to both the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7, at the same time preserving all of Boot Camp's native hardware controls.
With Power Plan Assistant you can:
1. Quickly switch between the Windows built-in and custom power plans (all power plans, not just 2 of them, as it is when operating via system Power icon);
2. Easily observe which power plan is currently active (dynamic application icon in a taskbar notification area changes in accordance with an active power plan, does not matter where it has been changed);
3. Instantly power off the display on user's demand (why wait at least one minute for it to be powered off, wasting the energy?). The display can be waked up then by pressing any key or moving the cursor;
4. Switch the power plans automatically:
- to 'Power Saver', in order to start saving the energy BEFORE battery power is gone (threshold is user-configurable);
- to 'High Performance' or 'Balanced' (on plugging in);
- to 'Power Saver' or 'Balanced' (on unplugging).
5. Instantly power off the display, lock workstation or toggle Windows Flip 3D mode WITHOUT A NEED TO PERFORM EVEN A SINGLE CLICK: the user-configurable action can fire on placing the cursor precisely at the top left corner of the screen.
Licensing: donationware (no obligatory charge, no feature limits).
Runs on any Windows 7-compatible hardware (32-bit and 64-bit)